Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 5-7-1. That tie may be the most infamous tie in college football history. WVU was up 31-9 over Pitt back in 1989 and both teams were ranked in the Top 10. The Panthers scored 22 unanswered as the Mountaineers continually shot themselves in the foot. When Pitt's game-tying FG went through the uprights as time expired, the Panthers acted as if they had won the Super Bowl while the Mountaineers were in shock. Final score, 31-31.
- In 1973, former defensive tackle John Browning was born. He finished his career with 88 tackles and nine sacks before being drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 1996 NFL Draft.
- In 1983, former defensive back Adam "Pacman" Jones was born. Playing just three years, Jones had 201 tackles, 22 pass breakups and eight interceptions before deciding to turn pro. He was drafted with the No. 6 pick in the 2005 NFL Draft
- In 2003, former offensive lineman Ryan Stancheck committed to West Virginia. As a senior, Stancheck earned Second Team All-American honors, paving the way for some of West Virginia's most potent offenses.
- In 2009, current linebacker Troy Gloster committed to West Virginia. After redshirting in 2010, Gloster has been in a backup and special teams player his first two seasons. He's played in 14 games so far and recorded seven tackles.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 Four-star CB Marques Little out of Williamstown (NJ) was in attendance for yesterday's game as well.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!