Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 12-2. In 1992, WVU traveled down to Blacksburg and beat Virginia Tech by a final score of 16-7. Adrian Murrell ran for 157 yards to lead the way on offense, while some freshman DB named Aaron Beasley made his first career interception.
- In 2003, former center Mike Dent committed to West Virginia. He was the starting center for the 2007 team that went on to win the Fiesta Bowl and was named Second Team All Big-East that year. The following year, his last as a Mountaineer, came to an abrupt end several games early thanks to a neck injury.
- In 2005, former forward Wellington Smith committed to West Virginia. Smith played in 140 games (starting 75) for the Mountaineers from 2007 through 2010. He averaged 5.0 points and 3.2 rebounds.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Bob Huggins and Larry Harrison are running around New Jersey currently. Last night they were at St. Joseph (NJ) checking on Karl Towns Jr. Today, they'll be at Roselle Catholic (NJ) watching Tyler Roberson and Malachi Richardson.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!