Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 6-3 and has played Maryland seven times in those nine games. That includes last year's game where the Mountaineers jumped out a 24-3 before needing an Eain Smith interception in the last 90 seconds to hold on to a 37-31 win.
- Also of note from that game, Geno Smith set a career record by throwing for 388 yards. He has since bested that mark five times in the last year.
- In 1963, former offensive lineman Chuck Joliff was born. The offensive guard lettered for the Mountaineers from 1983-1985.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- When Daron Roberts swung by the Calvert Hall (MD) vs Dematha (MD) game last weekend, he was also checking out 2015 prospect Dionte Austin. The sophomore corner already holds BCS offers from Boston College and Connecticut.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!