Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 2-1. The most memorable was likely a 14-7 victory over Virginia Tech in 1984. It wasn't a pretty game - WVU had more punts and penalties (15) than first downs (14), but they forced the Hokies to turn it over six times on the day.
- In 1983, former center Dan Mozes was born. The Pennsylvania native started all four years for the Mountaineers, receiving numerous accolades and culminating in the RImington Award for the best center in the nation.
- In 1974, former defensive back Mike Logan was born. In four years, Logan registered 140 tackles, 16 pass breakups and eight interceptions. He then enjoined a ten-year NFL career with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Another 2014 target that the West Virginia coaches felt the need to contact early: Bayside (FL) linebacker Greg Miclisse.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!