Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 4-1. The most memorable game was the 44-6 beat down of Pitt in the 1992 Backyard Brawl. Adrian Murrell (141 rushing yards, 2 TDs) outdueled fellow future New York Jet Curtis Martin (107 rushing yards), and the Mountaineer defense picked off two passes to help cruise to victory.
- In 1987, former receiver Wes Lyons was born. The 6-foot-8 receiver did not pan out as most had hoped, never catching a touchdown pass in four years in Morgantown. He did finish with 42 receptions for 517 yards.
- In 1980, former linebacker Kyle Kayden was born. The Ohio native was a four-year starter for the Mountaineers and amassed an amazing 422 tackles, 39 for loss and 10 sacks during his time.
- In 1980, former defensive tackle Jason Davis was born. He finished his career with 92 tackles, 13 for loss and four sacks.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- As EerSports user gwinn77 brought to the attention of the board last night, four-star WR Tyler Boyd mentioned over Twitter that he hopes to visit WVU for the Maryland game with friend and WVU commit Chavas Rawlins.
- Also, keep an eye on Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield. He may have committed to FSU last month, but he confirmed what he had been saying all along: he will still take his officials. That includes a stop in Morgantown.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!