Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 5-0. The most memorable of these victories is an easy one: the 41-27 victory over a Top10 Oklahoma team in Norman. "Hoss" threw for 321 yards and four touchdowns on the day.
- In 1984, former running back Pernell Williams was born. A backup in 2004 and 2005, Williams rushed for 510 yards and five scores before being dismissed from the team for off the field issues.
- In 1956, former linebacker Ken Braswell was born. From 1975-1978, he registered 212 tackles, eight of which were for loss.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- As EerSports first reported yesterday, five-star DT Da'Shawn Hand and future Top247 athlete Mike Majette will be attending West Virginia's game against JMU at FedEx Field Saturday. They won't be alone, though. Woodbridge (VA) teammate Marcus Boone - a highly regarded prospect in his own right - will be with him.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!