Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 3-1. The biggest victory was likely the 2007 season opener where the Mountaineers dropped 62 points on Western Michigan.
- In 1963, former kicker Paul Woodside was born. During his career, he made 101-of-103 extra points and 74-of-93 field goals for a total of 323 points, good for third on the all-time list.
- In 1958, former wideout Cedric Thomas was born. An oft-overlooked receiver, Thomas finished his career with 1,930 yards and 23 touchdowns. When he graduated, both of those totals were good for first on the all-time list. The yardage has since dropped - he's now eighth - but his touchdown record is still intact.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Today's official game thread can be found here. A place for everyone to discuss the game and tailgating. Dave and I will be updating regularly including potential recruit sightings.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!