Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- In 1980, former defensive tackle Kevin Freeman was born. In four years in Morgantown, he registered 86 tackles, three fumble recoveries and two sacks.
- In 1928, former basketball coach George King was born. King went 102-43 as head man for the Mountaineers, but his teams steadily got worse once his own recruits played prominent roles. His first year - playing primarily with players recruited and coached under Fred Schaus - King went 23-4. Four years later, he went 14-15 and left for Purdue.
- In 2006, former defensive back P.J. Shirdan committed to West Virginia. He suited up for the 'Eers in 2007 and 2008, but never accumulated any statistics.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 OL Richard Bush out of Plant HS (FL) has been hearing from West Virginia, recently receiving mail and an invite to last month's camp. He was unable to make it, but is interested. More in a story.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try our 30-day Free Trial!