Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- In 1978, Jerry Porter was born. The former two-way star played wide receiver and defensive back for the Mountaineers from 1997 through 1999. He totaled 101 tackles and six interceptions on defense and 28 receptions for 591 yards and seven scores on offense before being drafted in the second round of the 2000 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders.
- In 2003, Mortty Ivy committed to West Virginia. In four years in Morgantown, Ivy compiled 249 tackles, seven sacks and four interceptions.
- In 2004, Zac Cooper committed to the Mountaineers. During his time in Gold and Blue, Cooper totaled 28 tackles and 7.5 sacks.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- West Philadelphia Catholic (PA) DE/LB Dom Toney says that he will be attending camp at WVU at the end of the month in hopes of earning an offer.
- If you are not yet a member, we are matching any subscription to another site absolutely FREE! Have a monthly subscription to one of our competitors? We'll give you a free month. Have a yearly subscription? We will match it through December - that's six months completely free! For more information, CLICK HERE