Your morning look back, around the newspaper headlines and into the future.
Today is Shawne Alston's (left) birthday.
On This Date:
- In 2009, former quarterback Barry Brunetti committed to West Virginia. After waffling some leading up to National Signing Day, he stuck with his original pledge, but transferred out after only a year. He's currently at Ole Miss and has a career stat line of 23-of-44 for 150 yards, zero touchdowns and four sacks.
- In 2008, running back Shawne Alston committed to West Virginia. A senior this fall, the 235 pound bruiser of a back has rushed for 682 yards and 12 touchdowns during his career. He is expected to start in September.
- In 1973, former linebacker Matt Taffoni was born. A legacy for the Mountaineers, the New Jersey native totaled 255 tackles, 13 pass breakups, four sacks and five interceptions over four years.
- In 1960, former forward Dennis Hosey was born. Hosey was a regular in the rotation for his final three seasons, but only averaged 3.9 points and 3.1 rebounds during that time.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- A full interview with him will be coming later today, but recently offered Freedom (FL) defensive back Nate Godwin is planning to visit West Virginia towards the end of July.
- Again, if you have a premium account at another site, we are matching any length through December 15th absolutely FREE. To take advantage of that offer, CLICK HERE.
Already have an account? Sign In