Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 19-18. In 1966, the Mountaineers fell behind No. 1 Duke, 31-12, before storming back and upsetting the top team in the land, 94-90, in the Charleston Civic Center. John Lesher led the way with 28 points and 10 rebounds.
- In 1979, former quarterback Brad Lewis was born. The Ohio native started 25 games for the Mountaineers and finished his career with 3,922 passing yards and 31 total touchdowns.
- In 1980, former forward Chris Moss was born. In four seasons, Moss averaged 10.5 points and 6.5 rebounds, finishing with over 1,000 total points scored and in the Top 20 in school history for rebounds. He currently plays in Germany for the Duetsche Bank Skyliners.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Winter Springs (FL) quarterback Anthony Siciliano says West Virginia is the latest school to begin showing interest in him.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!