Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 18-10. In 1967, West Virginia defeated George Washington, 127-97. That is the second most points scored by WVU in a game in school history. Three players scored 20 or more (led by Ron "Fritz" Williams) and six made their way into double figures.
- In 1986, former quarterback Pat White was born. The all-time leading rusher at quarterback, White led West Virginia to a 4-0 bowl record and potentially the most prosperous four-year stretch in school history. During his career, White totaled over 10,000 yards and 103 touchdowns, both records at the time of his graduation.
- In 1987, former guard Greg Isdaner was born. The Pennsylvania native was a Freshman All-American in 2006 and named All-Big East in 2006 and 2007. After an award-less junior season, Isdaner elected to go pro early, but went undrafted.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Recruiting Trail (9ish this AM) and Mailbag (evening) coming today for VIP members. If you aren't one, today would be a good day to try us out!
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In