Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 19-8. In 2005, Kevin Pittsnogle scored 22 points, and the Mountaineers as a team hit 11 three pointers, pushing unranked WVU to a 70-66 victory over No. 18 Pittsburgh at the Petersen Events Center.
- In 2011, Mountain Ridge (MD) safety Jarrod Harper committed to the Mountaineers. The three-star prospect redshirted this past season and figures to be in the DB rotation this fall.
- In 1969, former guard Steve Berger was born. The West Virginia native started 90 games and averaged 10.3 points and 4.7 assists through his four years. He currently holds the WVU record for most assists in a career with 574.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Christ the King (NY) combo guard Jonathan Severe is visiting West Virginia for the weekend.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In