Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 21-7. In 1990, Chris Leonard came off the bench and went crazy - making 10-of-12 from the floor, 3-of-3 from beyond the arc and 9-of-9 from the line for a grand total of 32 points. WVU would run out to a big lead and eventually beat St. Bonaventure, 105-65.
- In 2009, cornerback Brodrick Jenkins committed to West Virginia. In three seasons, he has 74 tackles, 12 pass break ups and three interceptions.
- In 1984, former running back Jason Colson was born. He looked to be the running back of the future in 2004 when he ran for 706 yards and six touchdowns on only 142 carries, while also adding 120 receiving yards in half a season. However, he would only finish with 1,101 yards and 10 scores.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 target Michael Grimm was arguably the top offensive lineman at the US Army Combine this past week, per JC Shurburtt. The coaching staff has been in touch and he is considering a visit for Junior Day and/or spring practice.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In