Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 23-5. In 1977, West Virginia reached the century mark in their Backyard Brawl victory, 100-91. Tony Robertson led the way with 26 points, while Russell Chapman had 22 and Mo Robinson had 19. Bob Huggins led the team with nine rebounds off the bench.
- In 1970, former All-Conference big man Chris Brooks was born. Starting all four years, the Bronx native averaged 13.7 points and 6.2 rebounds during his career. He currently ranks in the Top 15 in Mountaineer history in points, rebounds and blocks.
- In 2009, Tavon Austin committed to West Virginia. This year, he put up one of the all-time great all-purpose seasons, finishing with 2,910 total yards, good for fourth in NCAA history, and tucked in behind Chris Johnson (of the Titans). His 7,286 total career yards puts him seventh all-time, just ahead of Ricky Williams.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- There's another Immokalee (FL) star for West Virginia fans to keep an eye on. 2014 wide receiver Jimmy Bayes really impressed at the US Army Underclassman Combine yesterday.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!