Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 11-13. In 1999, West Virginia outlasted Marshall in overtime, 85-84. Lionel Armstead led all scorers with 22 points, including a three-pointer with two seconds left in the extra period to give the Mountaineers the victory.
- In 1985, former defensive back Antonio Lewis was born. The Maryland native played in 44 games - starting 23 - and finished his career with 135 tackles, 19 pass breakups and five interceptions.
- The slew of internet era commitments continues with Bernard Smith (2008), Boogie Allen (2006), Darius Reynaud (2004), Matt Sinclair (2004) and Fernandez McDowell (2003).
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Keith Whitely did not make the trip to West Virginia this weekend as he had planned.
- Signee Devin Williams scored 13 points to help Montverde (FL) win the Montverde Academy Invitational, 57-38.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In