Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 15-5. In 2003, Drew Schifino scored 18 and Tyrone Sally added 14 to push the Mountaineers to a 78-77 overtime victory over Top 25 Maryland, 78-77.
- In 2010, Josh Francis committed to West Virginia. A junior college transfer, Francis was a sparsely used reserve last year, but has been the regular starter at the BUCK position this fall. He finished the regular season with 52 tackles and was one of the tops in the country with 15 tackles for loss.
- In 1988, current forward Dominique Rutledge was born. Last year, in 28 games, Rutledge averaged 2.0 points and 2.7 rebounds, coming on late in the season as a reliable bench player.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- There's a new 2014 WR name on the board - Conner Krizancic from out at Mentor (OH).
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!