Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 1-0. In 2008, in Pat White's final home game, West Virginia defeated South Florida, 13-7. White threw a 12-yard touchdown to Tyler Urban, Pat McAfee added two field goals and Ellis Lankster and Sidney Glover each picked off a pass to secure the win.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 13-3. In 1971, Wil Robinson scored 31 points, Levi Phillips added 20 and the Mountaineers defeated North Carolina State, 87-75.
- In 2001, Kevin "Boo" McLee committed to the Mountaineers. A starter for 30 games, the Pennsylvania native finished his career with 247 tackles, 26.5 for loss, 11 pass breakups and nine sacks. He was All-Big East in 2005 and 2006, and was named a Butkus Award finalist his senior season.
- In 2009, Doug Rigg committed to West Virginia. A junior this season, the New Jersey native has 95 tackles, 9.5 for loss, two sacks and two forced fumbles in his career thus far.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 LB Zaire Franklin out of La Salle College HS (PA) tells me that he has been talking regularly with Jake Spavital and was invited up to the Oklahoma game. Ohio Sate, Penn State and more have also been by to see him. More in a full VIP story with him this weekend.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In