Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 18-3. In 1970, the Mountaineers put up their fifth highest point total in school history when they defeated Hawaii, 121-65. Larry Woods led the way with 28 points and 12 rebounds, while Skip Kintz (22) and Mike Heitz (21) both topped the 20 point mark.
- In 1957, former offensive lineman Randy Weppler was born. The Ohio native was a three-year letterman for the Mountaineers in the late 1970's.
- Both quarterback Charles Hales and lineman Eric Rodemoyer committed to WVU. Hales (2002) eventually converted a tight end where he caught six passes for 74 yards and a score in 2004. Rodemoyer (2006) was a reserve lineman for two seasons.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- All four WVU commits made Greg Croft of Panther247's top players in Pennsylvania list. See it HERE. Two higher and two lower than their 247Sports state rankings.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!