Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 1-0. In 2010, Geno Smith completed 23-of-28 passes for 352 yards, and Ryan Clarke pounded in three short touchdowns to help lead WVU to a 35-14 win over Rutgers.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 15-3. In 1982, Greg Jones scored 31 points, and Russell Todd went for 22 points and 12 rebounds, helping WVU to a 95-82 victory over Marshall.
- In 1970, former defensive back Leroy Axem was born. In three years as a starter, Axem recorded 151 tackles and five interceptions. He was also one of the three starters ejected in the infamous Marvin Graves brawl.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Pasco (FL) athlete Janarion Grant maintains that he will officially visit West Virginia before National Signing Day.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In