Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 14-7. In 1993, West Virginia won a wild double overtime game against St. Joseph's, 82-81. Marsalis Basey scored 36 points, including all four of the Mountaineers' points in the second extra period.
- West Virginia received commitments from running back Andrew Buie (2011), cornerback Terrell Chestnut (2011) and safety Courtney Stuart (2008). Stuart was a reserve defensive back and special teams player through 2010. Chestnut redshirted his first year before coming on as a potential starter this season at corner. And Buie has 1,426 yards from scrimmage and eight touchdowns in his first two years in Morgantown.
- In 1986, former quarterback Jarrett Brown was born. A full-time starter for one season, Brown played sparingly in three others and finished his career with 2,983 yards passing, 1,138 yards rushing and was responsible for 29 total touchdowns.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2015 commit Levi Cook scored 29 points and pulled down 11 rebounds for Liberty (WV) last night.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In