Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- In 1998, West Virginia fell to Missouri, 34-31, in the Insight.com Bowl. Despite Marc Bulger's 429 yards passing, the Mountaineers set the record for consecutive bowl game losses with eight in a row.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 2-4. In 1962, the Mountaineers defeated Boston College, 65-64. Rod Thorn led the team with 15 points, but it was Belle, WV native Mike Wolfe who hit a tying shot with five seconds left in regulation and the game-winner with 13 seconds left in overtime. He finished with 10 points.
- In 1986, former forward Joe Alexander was born. As a junior, he averaged 16.9 points and 6.4 rebounds, earning First Team All-Big East and Honorable Mention All-American honors. After the season, he declared early for the NBA Draft and was selected No. 8 overall by the Milwaukee Bucks.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- West Virginia commit Nathan Adrian averaged 12 points and 11.5 rebounds in the two-game Martinsburg Tourney, as Morgantown (WV) went 1-1.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In