Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 4-2. In 1952, Eddie Becker scored 23 points and Mack Isner added 20 to help the Mountaineers to an 86-73 win over South Carolina.
- In 1983, No. 18 West Virginia defeated Kentucky, 20-16, in the Hall of Fame Bowl. Trailing 10-3 at the half, the Mountaineers stormed back thanks to 149 rushing yards from Tom Gray - who was also celebrating his birthday - and a timely interception from Tim Agee. Jeff Hostetler also threw for a pair of touchdowns, despite only throwing for 88 yards in the game.
- In 1969, former linebacker Steve Grant was born. The Miami native was one of the top tackles in Mountaineer history, finishing his career with 421 stops, despite only three years of prominent playing time. He went on to a six year NFL career with the Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Bucs
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- After putting up 17 points and 13 rebounds, and 17 points and five rebounds in the first two rounds of the City of Palms Classic, WVU signee Devin Williams put up 15 points and 11 rebounds in his team's Championship win last night.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In