Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 15-3. In 1956, No. 8 ranked West Virginia blew out No. 19 North Carolina State, 107-79, in what was scheduled to be a marquee matchup. Clayce Kishbaugh led the way with 28 points. Hot Rod Hundley wasn't far behind with 24 points and nine rebounds, while Lloyd Sharrar added 20 points and 18 boards.
- In 1954, former defensive back Jerry Holmes was born. A two-year player back in '78 and '79, Holmes racked up an impressive 175 tackles, six pass breakups and four forced fumbles. He then played 12 seasons in the NFL before going into coaching.
- In 2004, former lineman Jon Walko committed to West Virginia. The Maryland native primarily served as a reserve tackle during his time in Morgantown.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Four-star PF signee Devin Williams made a good impression last night at the City of Palms Invitational. Included in that group of impressed was 247Sports' National Analyst, Jerry Meyer. Story HERE.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In