Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 18-4. In 1959, No. 12 St. Louis and No. 10 West Virginia met in the Kentucky Invitational Tournament, where Jerry West had a game for the ages - for most other people. The Hall of Famer finished with 37 points and 22 rebounds as the Mountaineers edged out an 87-86 win.
- In 2009, linebacker Jewone Snow committed to the Mountaineers. In two years, he has played in 14 games (started seven), recording 43 tackles, three for loss and two sacks.
- Also in 2009, Bruce Irvin committed to West Virginia. In two years in Morgantown, the junior college transfer wreaked havoc on quarterbacks, compiling 23 sacks and 30 tackles for loss. He was then drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks, where he leads all rookies with eight sacks.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- West Virginia is monitoring another Alquippa (PA) junior in the form of massive defensive lineman, Jaleel Fields.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!