Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 12-3. In 1961, WVU traveled to Penn State and beat the Nittany Lions, 79-67. Rod Thorn led the way with 17 points and 16 points. A young Gale Catlett - on the court instead of the sidelines - added on 11 points.
- In 2011, defensive tackle Christian Brown committed to West Virginia. He played in ten games as a true freshman, registering 10 tackles, two for loss and a forced fumble.
- In 2003, junior college corner Dee McCann committed to West Virginia. In two years, he played in 21 games (starting 10) and picked up 79 stops and seven interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Four-star receiver Tyler Boyd says he plans to take his official visit to West Virginia in January, presumably on the 18th.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!