Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 11-8. In 1971, West Virginia used a true team effort to defeat Northwestern, 98-94, in overtime. Wil Robinson led the team with 27 points, but fouled out. Sam Ogelsby finished 23 points and 14 rebounds, and Mike Heitz had 22 and nine to help pick up the slack. At point, Levi Phillips threatened a triple-double, finishing with 13 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds.
- Over the years, this has been a busy day for commits: Sean Walters (2011), KJ Dillon (2011), Evan Rodriguez (2006) and Ed Collington (2004) all committed to West Virginia on this day.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Check out OL commit Marcell Lazard's highlight video --> HERE
- Assistant coach Steve Dunlap was cruising around western Pennsylvania for in-homes yesterday. Names will be in the Daily Recruiting Trail later this morning.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!