Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 11-6. In 1988, the Backyard Brawl went to overtime and the Mountaineers emerged victorious, 84-81, thanks in large part to Herbie Brooks' 26 points.
- In 1971, former guard Marsalis Basey was born. Basey suited up for WVU from 1991 to 1994, starting all 58 games his junior and senior seasons. He finished his career averaging 10.2 points, 4.5 assists and 3.5 rebounds.
- In 2006, former defensive backs Eain Smith and Ellis Lankster both committed to West Virginia. Lankster, a JUCO transfer, played in 21 games and registered 84 tackles, eight pass breakups and four interceptions. Smith played in 50 games, started 22 and finished his career with 154 tackles, 10 pass breakups and two interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Be sure to check out running back commit Zaire Williams' senior season highlights HERE.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!