Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 2-2. In 2006, Steve Slaton ran for 204 yards and three touchdowns as West Virginia shocked many fans and pundits with a 38-35 victory over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl in Atlanta.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 10-5. In 1980, Lowes Moore scored 23 points in a 63-62 victory over Marshall. It was Noah Moore and Phil Collins that came through in the end, though. Moore hit a jumper with 11 seconds left in the game to send it to overtime and Collins scored all four points in the extra period for the win.
- In 1969, former linebacker Theron Ellis was born. As a true freshman, he burst onto the scene with a block in the 1987 Sun Bowl and finished his career earning All-Conference status in 1990. He accumulated 265 tackles, 22 for loss, 13 sacks, three interceptions and two forced fumbles.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- In-state signees Nathan Adrian and Levi Cook both had big nights in their most recent games. Adrian scored 22 points and pulled down 15 rebounds as Morgantown (WV) won big over Wheeling Park (WV). Meanwhile, Cook posted a triple double for Liberty (WV), finishing with 20 points, 17 rebounds and 13 assists.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!