Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 10-14. In 1999, Elton Scott hit the front end of a 1-and-1 with less than a second on the clock to give West Virginia a 55-54 victory over Georgetown. Marcus Goree led the way with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
- In 1979, former defensive back Rick Sherrod was born. After two years as a backup, the Charleston native took over the starting role and flourished. In 2000, he registered 104 tackles, 12 pass breakups and three interceptions, and as a senior, he led the nation with 15.6 tackles per game (156 total).
- In 2011, lineman Russell Haughton-James committed to West Virginia. After redshirting his first year, he was a backup this past season. As he heads into the spring, he will battle for one of the open positions on the line.
In The News:
WVU steps out of Big 12 to face Purdue on CBS (Huffman - Register-Herald)
Nugget of The Day:
- West Virginia signee Devin Williams had six points and six rebounds in his team's victory and will play Paul VI in the Championship Game of the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In