Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 20-8. In 1970, Larry Woods scored 26 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to help West Virginia squeak out a victory over the visiting Florida Gators, 88-87.
- In 1983, former guard Johannes Herber was born. The German-born star started 128 games, a West Virginia record. Over four years, Herber averaged 8.4 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
- In 1968, former offensive lineman Jeff Sniffen was born. After suiting up for the Mountaineers in the late 1980's, Sniffen changed his name to Jeff Chase and became an actor and stuntman. He has appeared in movies like Transporter 2, The Punisher and Mission Impossible: III, as well as television shows Burn Notice, Monk and more.
- In 2012, running back Torry Clayton committed to West Virginia. The three-star arrived on campus this summer but left before the season started.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!