Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 21-12. In 2011, the Mountaineers stunned 8th ranked Purdue, 68-64. Kevin Jones led the way with 17 points and nine rebounds, while John Flowers chipped in 15 and seven, respectively.
- In 1988, former guard Casey Mitchell was born. The junior college transfer averaged 8.3 points and shot 35.4% from three and 86.8% from the line during his time in Morgantown.
- In 2011, both Brandon Jackson and Dustin Garrison committed to West Virginia. Jackson redshirted his first season and served as a backup this past year. Garrison had 943 total yards as a true freshman before tearing his ACL during an Orange Bowl practice. At less than 100%, he put up 250 total yards and a pair of scores this season.
- In 2012, cornerback Nana Kyeremeh committed to West Virginia. As a true freshman, he started one game and played in all 13. He finished the season with 16 tackles and two pass breakups.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Levin Cook dropped in 32 points and 14 rebounds last night, but his Liberty (WV) squad fell in a close one to Shady Spring (WV), 78-76.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!