Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 11-12. In 2000, Marcus Goree led the Mountaineers with 16 points and 11 rebounds in a 62-60 victory over Rutgers - the first win on this date in nine tries and first since 1966.
- In 2005, former safety Quincy Andrews committed to West Virginia. A Freshman All-American, Andrews played three seasons in Morgantown and finished his career with 203 tackles, 12 pass breakups and seven interceptions.
- In 2006, former defensive tackle Chris Neild committed to West Virginia. A multi-year All-Conference performer, Neild started 40 games for the Mountaineers and finished his career with 130 tackles and six sacks. He's currently a member of the Washington Redskins.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Brandon Watkins had 18 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks in his team's 55-51 victory over the weekend.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In