Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 1-1. Let's forget about the loss and go to the victory - last season's Orange Bowl clincher against South Florida when Tyler Bitancurt hit the game-winner as time expired to win, 30-27.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 24-3. The 1959-1960 season started off with a bang as 10th ranked West Virginia defeated Tennessee 93-78, thanks in large part to Jerry West's 20-20 performance - 21 points, 22 rebounds.
- In 1987, former defensive tackle Chris Neild was born. In four years (three as a starter), the Pennsylvania native clogged up the middle, registering 130 tackles, 11 for loss and six sacks. Neild was eventually drafted by the Washington Redskins in the 7th round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He's currently on injured-reserve due to a torn ACL.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- There's a new 2015 target on the board - Fox Chapel Area (PA) running back Carrington Vaughn.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In