Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 6-4. In 1985, West Virginia eked out a 13-10 over Syracuse to finish their season, 7-3-1. The Mountaineers drove 75 yards in less than a minute and Mike Timko threw a five-yard touchdown pass to Grantis Bell for the game-winning score with 36 seconds left.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 7-2. In 1997, Damian Owens put up a monster 33-point, 11-rebound performance to lead West Virginia to a 96-74 victory over Dayton.
- In 1987, former forward Cam Thoroughman was born. The Ohio native was known for his rugged play and defense, suiting up for the Mountaineers in 117 games and averaging 1.5 points and 2.3 rebounds.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- La Salle College (PA) linebacker Zaire Franklin is a 2014 prospect to watch in the coming weeks. He says he talks with someone from West Virginia regularly.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In