Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 4-7-1. In 1970, Bob Gresham ran for 165 yards while Mike Sherwood threw for 202 and two touchdowns to help the Mountaineers defeat Maryland, 20-10.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 7-2. In 2008, John Flowers scored 14 points to lead six different Mountaineers in double digits en route to an 87-68 victory over Iowa.
- In 1979, former wide receiver Phil Braxton was born. The Pennsylvania native finished his career with 55 catches for 898 yards and five touchdowns, adding another 78 yards and a score on the ground.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Junior college LB Devante Bond, who is scheduled to officially visit WVU this weekend, received a Miami offer earlier this week and will visit the Hurricanes next weekend.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!