Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 9-1. In 1998, Marc Bulger threw for 409 yards and six touchdowns to lead West Virginia to a 52-14 win over Pitt. Khori Ivy (113 yards and 2 TDs) and Anthony Becht (115 and 1) were both favorite targets of Bulger, while Amos Zereoue ran for 110 yards on the ground.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 10-1. In 2004, Tyrone Sally scored 22 points to lead five different Mountaineers in double figures in a 84-69 victory over LSU. Sharpshooter Patrick Beilein also knocked down six three-pointers in the game.
- Last year, running back prospect Roshard Burney committed to West Virginia. The three-star recruit eventually had to go the junior college route, but he maintains that he will one day suit up for the Mountaineers.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- West Philadelphia (PA) athlete Patrick Amara tells me that he was unable to make the trip up for the Oklahoma game, but that he did get to talk to Jake Spavital yesterday and that he's still a big fan of WVU.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In