Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 10-8. The most recent game was last season's thrilling 21-20 victory over Pitt. Tavon Austin had 102 receiving yards, but it was the defense that shined on this day. Julian Miller had 12 tackles and four sacks; Bruce Irvin had seven tackles and two sacks, and the defense as a whole had 11 sacks and held Pitt under 300 total yards.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 5-2. In 2000, all five starters scored in double figures as WVU beat UNC-Greensboro, 85-71. Guard Tim Lyles paced the team with 26 points and Chris Moss had 17 points and nine rebounds.
- In 1962, former defensive back Tim Agee was born. As a junior, he registered 122 tackles and four interceptions. While he saw his tackle totals drop his senior season (to 58), Agee picked off a then record seven interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 PF Michael Gilmore is a player to watch. He has WVU in his top four and attends the same school that Gary Browne graduated from two years ago.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!