Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 9-6-1. In 1995, the Mountaineers shutout Pitt, 21-0. Vann Washington had two interceptions; John Browning had nine tackles and two sacks; and Jason Williams led the team with 12 tackles, while forcing a fumble and recovering it to push WVU to the win.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 6-1. In 2001, West Virginia defeated New Mexico, 88-85. True freshman Jonathan Hargett lifted the team on his back in only his third career game, making seven three pointers and finishing with 28 points and eight assists.
- In 1983, former linebacker Kevin "Boo" McLee was born. He finished his career with 247 tackles, 26.5 for loss, nine sacks, three fumble recoveries and two interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Typically this would go in our Twitter thread (which I recommend you check out here. It's also free.), but it looks like the coaches haven't stopped talking with Marvin Gross since his commitment ---> "The Love"
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In