Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 7-8. In 2008, West Virginia defeated Louisville, 35-21, thanks to an otherworldly performance from Pat White. White ran for 200 yards and three touchdowns while throwing for a pair of other scores.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 4-1. In 1997, West Virginia had their 10th highest scoring game ever, defeating Alabama A&M, 114-85. Damian Owens led the way with 20 points, but eight different Mountaineers scored nine points or more.
- In 2006, former cornerback Keith Tandy committed to West Virginia. The current Tampa Bay Buccaneer started 40 games for the Mountaineers and finished his career with 188 tackles, 24 pass break ups and 13 interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- 2014 RB CJ Hilliard was unable to make his planned trip to West Virginia last weekend, but says he has rescheduled for the game against Kansas next Saturday. More in a full article later today.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!