Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 7-5. The most recent game was a 1998 victory over Boston College, 35-10. Amos Zereoue ran for 143 yards and two scores while Marc Bulger threw for 312 yards and two TDs. Barrett Green paced the team with 11 tackles.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 1-2. In 2005, West Virginia lost a heartbreaker to Texas, 76-75. Despite Mike Gansey's 28 points, the No. 2 ranked Longhorns emerged victorious thanks to a putback by Lamarcus Aldridge with three seconds left.
- In 1970, former defensive lineman Rick Dolly was born. He started 23 games for the 'Eers in the early 90's and registered 135 tackles, 12 for loss and four sacks.
- In 1922, former forward Floyd "Scotty" Hamilton was born. He started 53 games in his career and averaged 9.1 points per game.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Sierra (CA) College linebacker Devante Bond hopes to visit WVU this winter, but at this point, has not set a date.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In