Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 19-9. In 1963, West Virginia jumped out to a double digit lead before George Washington came storming back. The Mountaineers staved off GW, 100-97, thanks in large part to Rod Thorn who scored 30 points and pulled down 18 rebounds.
- In 1985, former defensive back Larry Williams was born. The Highland Springs (VA) prospect started 21 games for the Mountaineers and registered 48 tackles, nine pass breakups and two interceptions.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Linebacker Rayfield Dixon, who indicated he was down to West Virginia and Minnesota, is on an official visit to Bowling Green this weekend. He will announce next week.
- Levi Cook continues to dominate, scoring 27 points and pulling down 12 rebounds in a 54-48 win for Liberty (WV).
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 7 days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 7-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In