Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 6-7-1. In 1972, the Mountaineers pounded Syracuse, 43-12. Danny Buggs had 235 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns to lead the way.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 4-1. In 2000, big men Calvin Bowman (23 points, 14 rebounds) and Chris Moss (22 and 11) each had double-doubles, leading West Virginia to an 84-72 victory over Morris Brown.
- In 1968, former defensive back (and baseball player) Darrell Whitmore was born. He current sits in a tie for fifth for most interceptions in a career with 14. He was also an excellent baseball player, being drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the second round of the 1990 MLB Draft. He eventually made his Major League debut in 1993 for the Florida Marlins and played 112 games over the next three seasons.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- In-state athlete David Gaydosz was in attendance last night. "Even though WVU lost. The atmosphere and support was incredible!! One of the best visits I've been on."
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!