Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 7-5-1. The most recent game was a 45-27 victory over Pitt in 2006. In that game, Steve Slaton ran for 215 yards and two scores and caught 130 yards and two scores. Not to be outdone, Pat White ran for 220 yards and two TDs and threw for 204 yards and two more. He also did this.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 2-0. In 2007, four players scored in double digits to push the Mountaineers to an 81-53 victory over Arkansas-Monticello. Alex Ruoff led the way with 17 points and Da'Sean Butler added 14 points and nine rebounds.
- In 1982, Miquelle Henderson was born. In four years, the Alabama native caught 80 passes for 897 yards and six touchdowns.
- In 2001, former center Dan Mozes committed to WVU. Mozes was a four-year starter, a three-year All-Big East First Team member (2004-2006), a Consensus All-American (2006) and the Rimington Trophy Winner (2006).
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!