Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 11-6. Most recently, in 1998, West Virginia doubled up Rutgers, 28-14, thanks to the superb running of Amos Zereoue. The future NFL back rushed for 228 yards and a score on the afternoon.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 2-0. In 1998, former big man Marcus Goree scored 24 points and pulled in 12 rebounds to lead the Mountaineers to an 81-54 victory over Alabama A&M.
- In 2007, former forward Kevin Jones committed to West Virginia. Jones finished his career in the Top 5 in West Virginia history in both scoring (5th - 1,822) and rebounding (4th - 1,048). The only other Mountaineer to do that was the great Jerry West.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Cardinal O'Hara (PA) athlete Dashawn Darden plans to be in town this weekend for the Oklahoma game. More with him in a full article later today.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In