Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- The football team has an all-time record of 9-9. In 1993, a top 10 WVU squad rolled into Philadelphia and whooped Temple, 49-7. Robert Walker ran for 130 yards and two touchdowns while Ed Hill caught four passes for 111 yards and a pair of scores.
- The basketball team has an all-time record of 1-0. In 2005, Kevin Pittsnogle had 19 points and eight rebounds to lead the Mountaineers to a 61-41 victory over Wofford.
- In 1985, former offensive tackle Selvish Capers was born. He was named second team All-Big East in 2009 and was drafted in the 7th round of the NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He was later released and picked up by the New York Giants for their practice squad.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Fort Chiswell (VA) prospect Coleman Thomas plans to make it to his third game of the season, scheduling a visit for this weekend's contest against Oklahoma.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!
Already have an account? Sign In