Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 7-9.The last victory was a 1990 romp over Rutgers, 28-3. Nine players combined for 242 rushing yards and three TDs, while the defense had eight players combine for 11 tackles for loss.
- Today is the earliest a Mountaineer basketball team has played a regular season game, with the 2006 squad defeating Mount St. Mary's, 50-42. Darris Nichols led the way with 14 points and four assists, while Da'Sean Butler added 11 points and five boards.
- Exactly four years ago, the dynamic duo of Geno Smith and Stedman Bailey committed to West Virginia. Smith currently holds every pertinent passing record in Mountaineer history, while Bailey already holds the career touchdown reception record and could dominate the record book the same way Smith has if the junior receiver decided to return for another year.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- West Catholic (PA) athlete Patrick Amara says that he will be in town for the game against Oklahoma next weekend.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!