Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 5-5-2. The most recent was last year's victory over Connecticut, 43-16. Geno Smith threw for 450 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with former Miramar (FL) teammates Stedman Bailey (seven catches, 178 yards) and Ivan McCartney (six for 131) all afternoon.
- In 1976, former West Virginia running back Amos Zereoue was born. Despite only playing three seasons, he sits in the Top 5 in Mountaineer history in rushes (786), rushing yards (4,086) and rushing touchdowns (40). He was later drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers a seven year NFL career.
- In 1980, former defensive back Brian King was born. King started 36 games for WVU and recorded 274 tackles, 51 pass breakups and 10 interceptions. He was an All-Big East First Team performer in 2004.
- In 2008, current starting safety Darwin Cook committed to West Virginia. In his first year as a starter last season, Cook was second on the team in tackles with 85. He's also responsible for the tide-turning 99-yard fumble return for a touchdown in the Orange Bowl.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try us FREE through the end of 2012!