Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 10-6. It's fitting that the only other time the Mountaineers played Texas also occurred on this day - a 7-6 victory for West Virginia in Austin. The WVU stats weren't kept for the game, but we do know that Larry Krutko ran in from 15 yards for a score to go up 7-0. The Longhorns put one in the end zone in the fourth quarter, but missed the extra point.
- In 1982, former offensive tackle Mike Watson was born. A junior college transfer, Watson lettered both season in Morgantown, starting the majority of the games.
- In 1984, former defensive end Warren Young was born. In four years as a backup and part-time starter, Young registered 57 tackles, 3.5 for loss and 2.5 sacks.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Things just got a little tougher for Tyler Boyd. According to the Post-Gazette, Ohio State finally pulled the trigger and offered him.
- Not a member and want to get the full treatment? Try us FREE through the end of 2012!