Your morning look back, around the headlines and into the future.
On This Date:
- West Virginia has an all-time record of 6-6. The most recent game was a 2002 victory over Rutgers, 40-0. Avon Cobourne ran for 133 yards and a touchdown, while the defense forced two fumbles, picked off four passes and broke up 14 total throws, good for second most in a game all-time.
- In 1972 former offensive guard Jim LeBlanc was born. The Massachusetts native started on the interior of the line for the Mountaineers' 1993 undefeated regular season squad.
- In 1981, former center D'or Fischer was born. In two years, Fischer averaged 9.2 points and 5.2 rebounds, but was known more for his shot-blocking ability. In 2004, he obliterated the previous record (74) with 124 blocks in a season.
In The News:
Nugget of The Day:
- Instead of trying to cram multiple visits into the same weekend, I'm told five-star PF Chris McCullough has postponed his Syracuse trip and will spend the whole weekend at WVU next week. Will follow up.
- Want information like that and a whole lot more? Try us out FREE for 30-days! See why we are the fastest growing site for West Virginia fans on the web! FREE 30-day Trial!